It’s like Sudoku, but fun!
LOOK AT THIS BABY
LOOK AT HER
Kanto Illustrations #050 - 073 - Created by Piper Thibodeau
Piper’s fantastic series to illustrate the entire Pokedex marches on, and here is the latest installment! As usual, Piper’s take on each Pokemon is fun, creative, and delightfully well executed. Be sure to follow along on Tumblr or Twitter for all the latest updates.
I made some minor change on the fish fauxis and changed the penguin wings into bigger swimming paws with claws which I think looks kinda better.
I also think I will name this fish fauxi Koia
On March 12, an Inuit hunter shot and killed a female Polar Bear near Point Lay, Alaska. When he realized it was a female, he searched for the den and found young Kali, a 3 - 4 month cub. The hunter then carried the cub to the Department of Wildlife Management who then passed the healthy 18.4lb cub to the Alaska Zoo who was equipped to care for the orphan.
Thankfully the cub has so far thrived under the care of keepers and veterinarians, exhibiting the trademark playfulness of his age and species. In these photos, taken by volunteer photographer John Gomes at the Alaska Zoo, the cub takes on a similarly sized opponent. Plans are in the works to relocate the cub to the Buffalo Zoo in New York, which recently welcomed another cub, Luna.
Polar Bears are one of the most recognizable animals threatened by melting polar ice. The Alaska Zoo works with Polar Bears International (PBI) to try to reverse this troubling trend. The Alaska Zoo is a PBI Arctic Ambassador Center, which means they:
- Strive for bear friendly exhibits with enrichment activities to stimulate the bears to be active and content
- Provide leadership for carbon emission reduction in their communities
- Support PBI research projects to help conserve wild polar bears
- Play a key role in the PBI Sustainability Alliance, a front-line team helping to save polar bears in a rapidly warming Arctic
When you discuss the wage gap, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Only white women make $0.77 to a man’s dollar.
- Black women make about $0.68 to a man’s dollar.
- Latina women make about $0.58 to a man’s dollar.